HOW TO DONATE ITEMS?
How do I donate?
Do you have quality used beds, furniture, whitegoods, refridgerators, mattresses, clothing in good condition that you no longer need?
Donate household items likes old furniture or refridgerators to a local charity in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Hobart..... or even regional areas as well. A Charity will contact you privately to pick up or have you drop off your items to them to directly help someone in need!
- Sign up with DonateDirect to become a Donor.
- List your items for donation with DonateDirect.
- Be linked with a Community Organisation regarding collection or delivery of your donation(s):
- Community Organisations who view your donations will message you directly to coordinate transfer of the donation.
- If you are donating multiple items, you may be contacted by more than one Community Organisation for your donations.
- Transfer of donation(s) to recipient: the Community Organisation passes the donation(s) onto their client(s).
- Collection /Pickup by the Community Organisation
- Delivery by the Donor to the Community Organisation
- Courier or Post by the Donor to Community Organisation
Please ensure that your donations are stored inside undercover and that they have never been stored outside, as this can cause them to deteriorate. Please do not leave donations outside or on your porch/doorstep for collection as they may become damaged, wet, or stolen.
What can I donate?
- Mattresses - must be no more than 10 years old.
- Bed bases
- Bed frames - if disassembled must include handwritten or original manufacturer instructions on how to reassemble. No metal frames.
- Electric beds - must be no more than 5 years old
- Bunk beds
- Water beds
- Loft beds
- Bed frames with wire bases or metal frames
- Stand-alone bed heads or parts of beds that do not form a complete set
All must be freshly laundered or professionally dry-cleaned.
- Hosiery (new only)
- Maternity clothes
Computers and mobile devices
All devices must be wiped of Donor’s data (computers; laptops; mobiles; kindles) and must come with charging cables. They must be no more than 10 years old.
- Computer monitors and hard drives
- Laptops with charging cable
- Laptop bags
- Mobile phones
- Bedside tables
- Chests of drawers
- Coffee tables
- Couches/lounge suites
- Dining chairs
- Dining tables
- Office chairs
- Recliner chairs (electric) – must be no more than 10 years old
- TV entertainment units
- Bean bags
- Large wall units
- Older-style TV entertainment units (designed to accommodate old style CRT TVs)
Household Items (Misc)
- Clothes airers
- Dustpans and brushes
- Ironing boards
- Laundry baskets
- Baking dishes
- Bowls (soup/desert)
- Crockery sets (4 place settings)
- Cutlery pieces
- Cutlery sets
- Cutting boards
- Dish racks
- Kitchen utensils (eg., spatulas)
- Mixing bowls
- Salad bowls/Fruit bowls
- Serving platters
- Food storage containers
- Tea towels
- Knife block sets
- Any knives except table cutlery
Linen and bedding
Linen must be freshly laundered or professionally dry-cleaned.
- Bed linen sets (includes matching doona cover, flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow cases).
- Doona/quilt covers
- Fitted sheets
- Flat sheets
- Mattress protectors
- Pillows – new only
- Pillow cases
- Electric blankets
- Used pillows
Toiletries must be unopened/new and unused, in original packaging and within 6 months before expiry date (if applicable).
- Body wash
- Deodorant (roll-on only)
- Disposable razors
- Incontinence aids
- Menstrual care products
- Toilet paper
- Toiletry bags
Whitegoods and Appliances
Whitegoods (White goods) and Appliances must be no more than 10 years old, and in good working condition. Electrical cabling must be fully compatible with Australian power outlets. Dishwashers, microwaves, and fridges must be fully cleaned prior to donation.
- Bar fridges
- Lamps – globes must be removed prior to donation
- TVs / Televisions – must come with/on a stand and with a remote
- Vacuum cleaners
- Washing machines
- Clothes dryers
- Clothing irons
- Small electrical kitchen appliances (kettles; toasters; blenders; sandwich presses; rice cookers; coffee machines)
Other items that are not accepted
- Any baby or young children’s items (eg., cots; port-a-cots; change tables; cradles; car seats; prams/strollers; high chairs; booster seats; baby capsules)
- Lawnmowers and other gardening equipment
- Outdoor furniture
- Washing lines
Heating and cooling equipment:
- Portable or fixed air conditioners
- Carpets and underlays;
- Blinds, curtains, or other window coverings.
- Gas appliances or gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers and other pressurised bottles or canisters
- Hardware tools
- Filing cabinets
- Anything classed as a hazardous substance or flammable, etc.